As of Friday, March 22, 2013
Youth in Sherman County who are looking for activities during spring break have an opportunity to learn cooking with the OSU Extension Office free kids’ cooking day camp Monday, March 25, through Friday, March 29.
Healthalicious Cooking will be each day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the new Extension building located at 66365 Lonerock Road in Moro.
The goal of this hands-on program is to have fun while preparing and eating healthy meals, learning about nutrition, and being physically active. The menu for the week is: Monday - pizza, Tuesday - stir fry, Wednesday - breakfast, Thursday - tacos, Friday - spaghetti.
Kids can sign up for whichever days fit their schedule. Youth in third grade and up can attend on their own; younger children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult.
Healthalicious Cooking is funded by a grant from the Oregon 4-H Foundation. Youth who participate in the program will:
• learn important life skills which will help them make healthy food choices,
• develop skills in food preparation, recipe reading, menu planning and clean up,
• gain self-confidence in preparing food and meals,
• try new foods among friends and family,
• enjoy playing simple, physically active games.
To register for the free spring break day camp, call the OSU Sherman County Extension Office at 541-565-3230.