News and information from our partners

Parking permit required at fifteen ODFW Wildlife Areas as of Jan. 1

SALEM, Ore.—As of Jan. 1, 2014, wildlife viewers, anglers, walkers and others headed to any of 15 ODFW Wildlife Areas are required to have a parking permit. Daily permits cost $7 and annual permits are $22.

Permits can be purchased online, at ODFW offices that sell licenses or at license sales agents. In general, they cannot be purchased at Wildlife Areas. (Sauvie Island, Denman and Klamath wildlife areas sell permits during weekday office hours.)

As of Jan. 1, 2014: These ODFW Wildlife Areas require a parking permit.

Elkhorn Wildlife Area, North Powder

Power City Wildlife Area, Hermiston

Irrigon Wildlife Area, Irrigon

Coyote Springs Wildlife Area, Boardman

Willow Creek Wildlife Area, Boardman

Jewell Meadows Wildlife Area, Seaside

These ODFW Wildlife Areas already require a permit:

Klamath Wildlife Area, Klamath Falls

Fern Ridge Wildlife Area, Eugene

White River Wildlife Area, Tygh Valley

Phillip W. Schneider Wildlife Area, Dayville

Denman Wildlife Area, Central Point

E.E. Wilson Wildlife Area, Monmouth

Ladd Marsh Wildlife Area, La Grande

Summer Lake Wildlife Area, Summer Lake

Sauvie Island Wildlife Area, Sauvie Island

Parking permits must be displayed on the vehicle’s dashboard. Permits are transferrable between cars, but each vehicle must have a permit while parked at the wildlife area.

A free parking permit is included with an annual Oregon hunting license; combination fishing and hunting license; Sports Pac; and Habitat Conservation Stamp. Operation and maintenance of ODFW wildlife areas are primarily funded by hunters through federal excise taxes on sporting arms and ammunition and hunting license fees.

Revenue from the Parking Permit Program will be used to improve habitat and infrastructure and to enhance wildlife viewing opportunities at wildlife areas.

For more information, go to ODFW’s website,


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment


Information from The Chronicle and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)