The Wasco County Historical Society announces the opening of the Rorick House for the summer season. The House will be open on Saturdays and Sundays in June, July and August, beginning June 7.
The Rorick House is at 300 W. 13th St. in The Dalles. The original portion of the house is believed to have been built around 1850 as part of the initial construction of the American Rifle Regiment’s Camp Drum, which became Fort Dalles.
It is one of the oldest structures in The Dalles and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
It was the home of Eck and Mae Rorick for 50 years and is now kept in the style of the era in which they lived.