As of Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Families First of The Next Door will host The Incredible Years, a parenting program for families with children ages 2 to 8 years old.
The program will share information about:
• play, praise, rewards, limit-setting, problem-solving and handling challenging behavior;
• using time out in the most effective, positive way;
• how to use Pocket Full of Feelings;
Parents will talk about:
• why children act the way they do,
• how to get kids to do what you want them to do,
• how to discipline a child without spanking,
• how to feel good about yourself and your child.
The weekly 14-session program begins Wednesday, July 9. Each class will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Families First of the Next Door, 318 W. Second St., The Dalles. Snacks will be provided. Door prizes will be given every week. Child care is not available.
Parents will receive a certificate of completion.
For cost and other information, or to register, call Nancy at 541-490-5330.