As of Saturday, March 8, 2014
In the event of a natural disaster, livestock producers may have access to strong safety net relief under the 2014 Farm Bill, but thorough records are required.
Potential losses include livestock, feed and additional expenses as a result of losses, such as cost to purchase forage and feed.
“The 2014 Farm Bill provides astrong farm safety net to help ranchers during these difficult times,” said Juan Garcia, Farm Service Agency administrator. “We’ll provide producers with information on new program requirements, updates and signups as the information becomes available.
Records should include:
• number and kind of livestock (including photos and videos),
• dates of death and birth records or purchase receipts,
• cost of transporting stock to safer grounds or new pastures,
• feed or grazing purchases,
• crop records,
• pictures of destroyed on-farm storage facilities,
• evidence of damaged farmland.
Visit www.fsa.usda.gov or an FSA county office to learn more about FSA programs and loans.
Find Farm Bill information online: