As of Saturday, November 29, 2014
Dufur hosts “Hometown Christmas” Sat., Dec. 13
Dufur’s “Hometown Christmas” celebration takes place Dec. 13 and community members and visitors are invited to enjoy a variety of activities.
The schedule of events includes:
• Letters to Santa at WE3 Coffee and Deli, 576 N.E. Fifth Street, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• A holiday bazaar from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, located at First and Church streets. Dufur’s St. Alphonsus Altar Society is offering baked goods, vendors, and wreaths and swags by the Dufur Valley Garden Club.
• Soup and a fresh baked roll for $5 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Kramer’s Market, 101 N. Main Street.
• Pictures with Santa (by donation) by Tim Fain Photography from 1-3 p.m. at Kramer’s.
• Live music from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Balch Hotel, 40 Heimrich Street, along with hot chocolate and coffee. Hardshell Harmony performs from 2 to 3:30 p.m. and the Dufur Boys from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
• The Kid’s Reindeer Parade through downtown will begin at 3 p.m.
• The annual Lighted Tractor Parade with entry prizes begins at 4:30 p.m.
• Dinner is available by reservation at the Balch Hotel, beginning at 6 p.m., 541-467-2277.
A raffle drawing for prizes donated by individuals and businesses will be awarded during the event. The grand prize is an Adirondack chair handcrafted by Mike Johnson.