John R. Layson, was born April 16, 1944, in Trenton Mo., to John A. and Bonnie L. Layson (Williams). John's family moved to Seattle, Wash., when John was 7 years old. He graduated from Ballard High School in 1962. He went on to Washington State University and graduated in 1968 with a bachelor of arts in Hotel and Restaurant Administration. John moved to Hood River in 1981, where he met and married Carolyn in 1983. They owned and operated Carolyn's Restaurants in Hood River and White Salmon and Chianti's in Hood River. He and Carolyn moved to The Dalles in 2004.
John was proceeded in death by his father, John A. Layson; mother, Bonnie L. Layson; and only sibling, Earl Dean Layson.
John is survived by his wife of 34 years Carolyn Layson of The Dalles; daughter Kimberly (Layson) Stohr, Tigard, Ore.; son Micheal Layson, South Dakota; daughter Kristy Long, The Dalles; grandchildren, Abby Stohr, Jeremy Stohr, Sarah Troxell, Jacob Smith.
A celebration of life will be held June 10 at 11 a.m. at Anderson's Tribute Center in Hood River.
Memorial donations may be made to The Dalles Lions Club, PO Box 235 The Dalles, Ore.
Visit www.AndersonsTributeCenter.com to leave a note of condolence for the family.
Information from The Chronicle and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)