As featured on
When JC Penney shuttered its doors in downtown The Dalles two years ago, the silence was palpable.
The 22,000-square-foot space drew thousands and was known to keep its parking lot full, even on Sundays. Its closure was even postponed for several weeks in the summer of 2017 due to its popularity, with the retailer sending additional goods from other closing stores to be marketed in The Dalles.
The silence is over.
- Filling the Boot
- Columbia at mouth of Deschutes closed to fishing
- Big year for youth employment
- White Salmon River dam removal and restoration officially completed
- Sandoz Farm Grand Marshall for 2019 Wasco County Fair
- Boosting sports performance
- Moro walk to stop drinking and drugged driving Aug. 24
- What's Happening community calendar
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)