As featured on
When JC Penney shuttered its doors in downtown The Dalles two years ago, the silence was palpable.
The 22,000-square-foot space drew thousands and was known to keep its parking lot full, even on Sundays. Its closure was even postponed for several weeks in the summer of 2017 due to its popularity, with the retailer sending additional goods from other closing stores to be marketed in The Dalles.
The silence is over.
- Virgil Lewis Choate
- Building stability questioned
- Letter to the editor: Stop White Salmon sale
- Waldron backers seek building, cash
- Swimmers end summer in a positive way
- For the Record, from Aug. 21
- Bradley B. Bowen
- Sandoz Farm Grand Marshall for 2019 Wasco County Fair
- History page for Aug. 25
- For the Record from Aug. 25
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)