The Northern Wasco County Aquatics Center in The Dalles is closed through Friday as the Parks and Recreation District awaits COVID-19 test results from two aquatic staff members.
The Parks and Recreation District announced the temporary closure on Tuesday. The aquatic center reopened July 1 for the first time since a state mandate closed it in March.
"Northern Wasco County Park and Recreation District's number one goal is the health and safety of our community members," said a press release posted to their Facebook page around 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, "Two of our aquatic staff members have reported feeling ill this morning with Covid-like symptoms. Out of an abundance of caution the decision has been made to close the pool through Friday as we await their test results, and coordinate testing for all staff who have been in close contact. We will update our closure information as we know more. We appreciate our community’s support and understanding as we navigate the current challenges."
Anyone with questions or concerns is encouraged to call the district office at
541-296-9533. More information on the aquatic center can be found at www.nwprd.org/nwcaquatics.
- HR Library hours updated
- New policy waives bridge tolls for Yakama Nation
- Mailbox vandalism
- Vigils underline ‘Somos Uno’ and society striving together: Weekly vigils continue in Hood River as Black Lives Matter protests continue nationwide
- 100th Birthday
- Free program focuses on educating seniors
- Mental health therapy offered
- ‘Organic’ at CCA
- UPDATED 8/7: Wildfire burns Sunday in Hood River County
- Songer speaks at 'We the People' rally
- State regulations for COVID raise liability questions
- Death notices for July 29
- Death Notices for August 5 edition
- Northern Wasco County D21 to start with online-only format
- City of The Dalles painting underway
- 100th Birthday
- Cluster of COVID-19 cases identified at Webster Orchards/The Fruit Company; Grupo de casos de COVID-19 identificó en en Webster Orchards/The Fruit Company
- City of Hood River adds to bicycle-pedestrian network
Vote in this week's online poll: Do you give to charity over the holidays?
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)