As featured on
The White River Fire grew Friday, and additional residences were given notice to evacuate at 7 a.m. Saturday morning, Aug. 29, 2020.
As of 11 a.m., the fire was 9,791 acres and 10 percent contained, according to incident command. The fire began in the Mount Hood National Forest in Wasco County.
- ‘Mommy Wellness’ begins fall series with online classes
- Klickitat County adopts multi-hazard mitigation plan
- Thunder Island Brewery ups its game with move to WaNaPa Ave.
- Artist H’Klumaiyat of Warm Springs honored
- Thompson recognized for 45 years as coach
- The Porch
- Klickitat County and Port of HR receive $5 million grant for bridge replacement
- Complicating the Narrative: Locally-shot short film breaks down themes of trans identity and acceptance
- City rules against new subdivision
- Thirty cases of COVID-19 reported at Flagstone Senior Living
- Hanging up the badge
- Celebrating his 100th year
- Deaths and service notices for September 16
- Vicky Lloyd
- Police and Sheriff Logs: Sept. 4-11
- City of Hood River reviews police use of force incidents and policies
- Best of the Gorge winners announced
- Tokki Art Supply opens in Hood River
Vote in this week's online poll: Do you give to charity over the holidays?
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)