The Historic Columbia River Highway re-opened Thursday morning between Multnomah Falls and Angel’s Rest two days after a slide closed the road. ODOT geologists and hydrologists hiked up the hillside above the slide Thursday morning to inspect conditions before deciding to re-open the road. Travelers, however, need to use caution in the Gorge, an area prone to slides under the best conditions. On Monday morning, ODOT will close this section of road to complete slide cleanup. This will include clearing a culvert blocked by slide material.
- High density brings intensity out east
- Steven Randolph Neal
- Laura Ann (Morris) Comini
- For the Record, for Feb. 18
- Oregon Republicans walk out of short session
- John Edward Macnab
- Fire logo suit settled
- For the record for Feb. 15
- Judy Lorene Walker Johansson
- Peter DeFazio announces $750,000 grant for SORA to attract new air service to Portland
National Entertainment News
Vote in this week's online poll: Do you give to charity over the holidays?
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)