“Scary” and “disorienting” is how Hood River resident Kevin Kingrey described the explosion of his mailbox and that of a neighbor at around 1 a.m. on July 30. The explosion led to a ground fire in front of their homes at the intersection of Prospect and Montello Avenue, near Rand Road. Kingr…
Only a third of Oregonians believe the state is “going in the right direction,” and the majority support racial justice protests and police reforms, according to a new statewide survey.
Firefighters from Oregon Department of Forestry’s The Dalles Unit responded to a fire burning on private timberland along Fir Mountain Road in Hood River County late Saturday night, according to a press release from The Dalles office.
A piece of Hood River County history stands a charred remnant after fire destroyed the 110-year-old Oak Grove church, and the home next door, early on July 23.
The Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) has announced the graduation of its 81st Basic Parole & Probation Officer Class on Friday, July 24, at the Oregon Public Safety Academy in Salem.
Oregon Department of Forestry’s (ODF) Central Oregon District increased restrictions for forest operations and the public beginning July 27. These restrictions are intended to reduce the risk of fire ignition on lands within the Central Oregon District in Lake, Harney, Deschutes, Crook, Wasc…
Klickitat County successfully responded to the counties first large fire during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a press release from Klickitat County Emergency Operations Center. Early preparation was key to their success, the release stated.
The Summit to Summit Men’s Ministry of the Gorge is sponsoring a Gorge-Wide Law Enforcement Appreciation Barbecue Picnic for all law enforcement personnel in the Gorge area along with their families, according to a press release forwarded to Columbia Gorge News by Klickitat County Sheriff Bo…
A man is in critical condition after an assailant beat him with a baseball bat in the parking lot of The Dalles Fred Meyer around 1 a.m. on June 23.
A man is in critical condition after an assailant beat him with a baseball bat in the parking lot of The Dalles Fred Meyer just around 1 a.m. on June 23.
The Board of Directors for Mid-Columbia Fire & Rescue (MCFR) is under investigation by the Oregon Government Ethics Commission for possibly violating an Oregon Public Meetings law during executive sessions that the Board held in regard to the lawsuit filed against the local firefighter’s…
- HR Library hours updated
- New policy waives bridge tolls for Yakama Nation
- Mailbox vandalism
- Vigils underline ‘Somos Uno’ and society striving together: Weekly vigils continue in Hood River as Black Lives Matter protests continue nationwide
- 100th Birthday
- Free program focuses on educating seniors
- Mental health therapy offered
- ‘Organic’ at CCA
- Songer speaks at 'We the People' rally
- Cluster of COVID-19 cases identified at Webster Orchards/The Fruit Company; Grupo de casos de COVID-19 identificó en en Webster Orchards/The Fruit Company
- UPDATED 8/5: Wildfire burns Sunday in Hood River County
- Death notices for July 29
- Protesting ICE
- School planning underway in TD
- Northern Wasco County D21 to start with online-only format
- George Overman
- State regulations for COVID raise liability questions
- City of The Dalles painting underway
Vote in this week's online poll: Do you give to charity over the holidays?
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)